Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Song Title: Closer
Genre: Industrial Metal
Director: Mark Romanek
- At the very start of the music video, a film-like title is used, showing the band and song name.
- At 0:20 there is a close up of the vocalist, Trent Reznor's silhouetted face, close ups of the vocalist is a common convention of not just Industrial Metal, but of the format of music video as a whole.
- Religious references are featured, such as in form of the monkey on the crucifix, with lit candles in front which shown on many occasions throughout the video (0:57)
- Animals are a main theme of the video, for example the pig's rotating head (1:59), the monkey (1:08), the cockroaches (0:24), and the big pieces of meat hanging on hooks behind Reznor as he's performing (1:35).
- Interestingly, the vocalist (Trent Reznor) is the only band member who appears in the video, as there is no standard band performance footage.
- An interesting effect that features is that it is edited to look like it was filmed using very old cameras, as the video contains 'cigarette burns'.